02 February 2011

Vibram Five Fingers Update

At one point I had a blog, don't remember where it was that I made a post about getting my first pari of VFF for running, working out and just generally wearing them around.

So it's a year later and I'm looking at a couple different pairs of VFF to add to my collection and I thought I would post an update as to what my experience has been with my first pair.

I had a friend of mine mention that I should "take it easy" when I first got them, and she wasn't crazy.  The first time I tried them out I used the treadmill in our basement.  I did a 40 minute run, 10 minutes heel, 10 minutes forefoot, then repeated this and kept the treadmill on or around 4.  After my test I felt great, thought it went well, and was looking forward to my next run.  Needless to say that was not "taking it easy" and I was walking funny for the next couple days.  It didn't take too long and everything was fine and I would use them every time I went for a run.

I also used them for working out and used them when we went to swim in the creek.  I have the KSO's and absolutely love them.  I did get some funny looks in Wegman's when I was waiting in line, but that was fine.

I looking forward to my next pair and plan to wear them as much as I can, I have a distinct feeling that I'll be living in them over the summer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother in law loves his. He also didn't take it easy his first time out but it didn't stop him from singing their praises.

Post a Comment

Updates Via E-Mail

Popular