02 February 2011

Garmin Forerunner 305

I had been looking for something to replace my Nike+ for some time now.  I had started running a couple years ago with an iPod Nano and Nike+ and really enjoyed the ability to track progress.  The audio notifications were nice as well.  This time around I wanted/needed something a little more advanced.  My wife and I are fairly active; hiking, camping, horseback riding, running, working out as well as other things so I wanted something that would help to track everything but also help while camping/hiking/horseback riding to get us back to camp or the car.

In comes the Garmin Forerunner 305.  This was recommended by a couple friends runners and riders for the ability to track and get you home.  I ordered one at the beginning of the new year and have only used it for running, walking the dog and one ride, but it is exactly what I was looking for.  I don't get the audio feedback like I had with the Nike+ so that's the only con for me.  The Garmin does beep when you want it to, certain distance, time, etc. but if I'm plugged in to my iPod I feel like there's a chance of missing the little beep.  We'll see how that goes.

I've only touched or used a few of the features on the Garmin and look forward to getting in to some of the more complex features as the warmer weather comes around.  This was a great purchase, and I'm looking at adding the foot pod and pedal to the mix so that I can use it with the treadmill and when we go for a bike ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Updates Via E-Mail

Popular